LaGrange Baptist Church was founded in 1802 as Lick Branch Baptist Church by Pastor William Kellar and 22 members. The first church building was a log house “raised” by the members. In 1825, the church began meeting in a schoolhouse on a farm southwest of LaGrange. In 1826, the church built a new building on land offered by William Taylor, the founder of LaGrange. At this point the name of the church changed to the “Baptist Church of LaGrange.” Mrs. Bettie Russell DeHaven presented a new building to the church as a gift in 1895; at that point the church became known as DeHaven Memorial Baptist Church. Most recently, in 2005, the church moved into the current building and the church retained the historic name from 1826, LaGrange Baptist Church. Throughout the generations, our aim has always been to serve our community and the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Learn more about our leadership and beliefs below.