Men’s Ministry aims to help men to be godly agents of influence and encourage them as they strive to be the spiritual leaders in their families. We are currently building a base of active men through regular involvement in a variety of focused activities. Times of Prayer, Bible Study, Service, Special Events, and Small Groups are all planned with the expectation that relationships will form that will help men to become stronger disciples of Jesus Christ.
If you made improving your Service to Others a priority for 2007, grab a buddy and …
– Consider helping prepare breakfast for this Saturday’s Men’s meeting and delivering food to needy folks in the LaGrange community. Come to the LBC Kitchen this Saturday, August 4, at 6:30 a.m. and see Johnny McRoberts. Then stick around for Breakfast, Bible Study and fellowship from 8-9 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall and hear an inspiring lesson from staff or elders.
– Be sure to bring your work gloves and willing spirit for the Repair Day going on after breakfast. You may help ready the foundation for the new Church sign or do some home repairs of someone in need. But be sure of this, you will be put to work because Rick Davidson is in charge!
–> Did you see the comprehensive list of Volunteer Service Opportunities in the bulletin a few weeks back? If not, check it out here. Perhaps God is leading you to new areas of service where he can use your gifts and talents to benefit others.
Finally, see details below regarding the upcoming Men’s Raft Trip. See Mark Roberts, sign-up in the foyer or call the church office today!
In His Service,
· Aug 4 – Saturday Breakfast & Bible Study: 8:00-9:00 a.m., LBC Fellowship Hall
· Aug 4 – Repair Days Service Opportunity: 9:00 a.m. –
· August 17–18 – Promise Keepers Conference, Cincinnati, OH
· Sept 6-7-8 – White Water Rafting down the Gauley River in West Virginia
· Ongoing – Thursday Morning Prayer Time: 6:30-7:00 a.m. every Thursday morning in Tony Rose’s LBC Office
· Ongoing – Pastor’s Support Prayer Time: 8:30-9:00 a.m. every Sunday morning in Tony Rose’s LBC Office
· Ongoing – Small Groups