Men’s Ministry aims to help men to be godly agents of influence and encourage them as they strive to be the spiritual leaders in their families. We are currently building a base of active men through regular involvement in a variety of focused activities. Times of Prayer, Bible Study, Service, Special Events, and Small Groups are all planned with the expectation that relationships will form that will help men to become stronger disciples of Jesus Christ.
· If you made improving your Bible Study a priority for 2007, please come for Breakfast, Bible Study and fellowship this Saturday (tomorrow!), May 5, from 8-9 am in the Fellowship Hall. Typically we hear inspiring lessons from staff and elders to help us become godlier in our walk. Capitalize on the opportunity to invite a friend and be sure to bring your Bible!
· Also, the time is nearing for the Men’s Canoe Trip on the Big South Fork of the Cumberland River on May 18-19. See Mark Roberts immediately for more details or sign up on the registration sheet at the Welcome desk in the foyer.
· There has been a need expressed by some single moms in our church for help with their sons. If God is moving you to begin a “big brother” relationship with young men who need the influence of godly men in their lives, please reply to this email and I will get you in touch with those in need for further discussion.
· Finally, please note that Promise Keepers is coming to the area again this year – the closest is in Cincinnati on August 17-18. See www.promisekeepers.org for more details. Current registration price is $64. Reply by email if you plan to go and I will facilitate traveling and staying together.
In His Service,
Upcoming Events (bold means more details are shown below)
· May 5 – Saturday Breakfast & Bible Study: 8:00-9:00 a.m., LBC Fellowship Hall
· May 18-19 – Canoe Trip on the Big South Fork of the Cumberland River
· July 7–13 – Baptist Builders Service Project, West Liberty, KY
· August 17–18 – Promise Keepers Conference, Cincinnati, OH
· Sept 6-7-8 – White Water Rafting down the Gauley River in West Virginia
· Ongoing – Thursday Morning Prayer Time: 6:30-7:00 a.m. every Thursday morning in Tony Rose’s LBC Office
· Ongoing – Pastor’s Support Prayer Time: 8:30-9:00 a.m. every Sunday morning in Tony Rose’s LBC Office
* Baptist Builders are going to West Liberty (near Morehead), KY, from July 7-13, to frame a 4,000 square foot educational-fellowship hall annex for the New Hope Baptist Church. You do not have to stay the entire time if you only have 2-3 days to give.
* Saturday Breakfast & Bible Study
If you made improving your Bible Study a priority for 2007, we suggest attending the monthly Saturday Breakfast & Bible Study. The first Saturday of every month men meet in the Fellowship Hall from 8-9 a.m. for Bible study, breakfast and fellowship. Typically we hear inspiring lessons from staff and elders to help us become godlier in our walk. Capitalize on the opportunity to invite a friend and be sure to bring your Bible!
* Canoe Trip
On May 18-19, we will be canoeing the Big South Fork middle section from Station Camp to Blue Heron Mine – a 19 mile trip with a lot of class II water. Cost will be $49 per person plus food costs. See Mark Roberts for more details.
* Promise Keepers
Promise Keepers is coming to the area again this year – the closest is in Cincinnati on August 17-18. See www.promisekeepers.org for more details. Current registration price is $64. Let Tom know by email if you are going so he can try to facilitate traveling and staying together.
* White Water Rafting
On Sept 6-8, we are rafting the upper/middle/lower Gauley River in West Virginia. This has a lot of class V rapids. It is ranked the best rafting in the US – east of Colorado and in the top 5 in the world! More details to come.
* Thursday Morning Prayer Time
Guys get together every Thursday morning for prayer in Pastor Tony’s office at the LBC building. This prayer time is open to every man in the church. It starts at roughly 6:30 am and ends no later than 7:10 am so you can get on your way to work.
* Pastor Support Prayer Time
This prayer time from 8:30-9:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings is intended to specifically encourage the speaking pastor for the day as well as to pray for God’s intervention in the hearts of those at the worship service. If you’re interested in joining, just speak to Pastor Tony.
* Repair Days Service Opportunity
Every other month on the first Saturday, we will have a Repair Day immediately following the Breakfast. Repair Days for 2007 started again in February. Work done has consisted of a number of various repair options, such as: 1) home repairs in the community, 2) repairs to the LBC building and property or 3) winterizing cars for church members in need. See Rick Davidson of the church office (222-9306) for more details.
* Small Groups
If you made Building Relationships with other Christian men a priority in 2007, try joining a Men’s Small Group. Small Groups have the goal of providing men an opportunity to learn and grow as Christians and several men are getting together with each other at various times for study, prayer, fellowship and accountability. If you need brotherly interaction in your life, don’t wait! Initiate getting together with some other guys and watch how God uses it to strengthen your life. If you need help finding a group that fits your schedule, contact us.