Men’s Ministry September 2007 Update
Men’s Ministry aims to help men to be godly agents of influence and encourage them as they strive to be the spiritual leaders in their families. We are currently building a base of active men through regular involvement in a variety of focused activities. Of course we’ll be having out monthly Breakfast and Bible Study this coming Saturday morning at 8 am in the Fellowship Hall. The next BIG men-only event after that is the Men’s Raft Trip. Over 20 guys have signed up to experience the ride of their lives in a couple of weeks. Other events, i.e., Times of Prayer, Bible Study, Service, Special Events, and Small Groups are planned throughout the year with the expectation that relationships will form that will help men to become stronger disciples of Jesus Christ.
If you made improving your Service to Others a priority for 2007, grab a buddy and …
– Consider helping prepare breakfast for this Saturday’s Men’s meeting and delivering food to needy folks in the LaGrange community. Come to the LBC Kitchen this Saturday, September 1st at 6:30 a.m. and see Johnny McRoberts. Then stick around for Breakfast, Bible Study and fellowship from 8-9 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall and hear an inspiring lesson from staff or elders.
– Be sure to bring your work gloves and willing spirit to help clean-up the pavilion in preparation for the Church-wide Fish Fry Social on Sunday afternoon, Sep 2 at 5 pm. See Alan Powell on Saturday in the “Back 40”.
–> Did you see the comprehensive list of Volunteer Service Opportunities in the bulletin a few weeks back? If not, check it out here. Perhaps God is leading you to new areas of service where he can use your gifts and talents to benefit others.
In His Service,
- Sep 2 – Saturday Breakfast & Bible Study: 8:00-9:00 a.m., LBC Fellowship Hall
- Sept 6-7-8 – White Water Rafting down the Gauley River in West Virginia
- Ongoing – Thursday Morning Prayer Time: 6:30-7:00 a.m. every Thursday morning in Tony Rose’s LBC Office
- Ongoing – Pastor’s Support Prayer Time: 8:30-9:00 a.m. every Sunday morning in Tony Rose’s LBC Office
- Ongoing – Small Groups