Lagrange Baptist’s Women’s Book Club
Purpose for the Book Club
-To expose women to many different books that will hopefully encourage them in their walks with Jesus.
-To bring women together for fellowship and encouragement through the discussing of good books in a warm, non-threatening environment.
Book Club Details
- Time: 4th Tuesday of the month from 6:45 to 8:30 p.m.
- Place-in various homes of book club members
*Note that April’s discussion may take place on a weekend due to the extended length of the meeting.
- Not to exceed 15.
- Each month an email invitation will be sent to each member. They must RSVP for themselves and any guest. When the number exceeds 15, we will split into 2 homes for that month’s meeting.
- A few members will take turns as guest facilitators if the need arises (the discussion guide will be provided).
- New members are always welcome!
- Anyone can attend, however, in order to comment, all or part of the book must have been read by the individual.
- Excluding the library pack books, each person is responsible for obtaining the book of the month for themselves.
- The book discussion time will begin promptly at 7:00 and end at 8:30 p.m. (except for April’s meeting)
- No childcare available.
- For additional information contact the church office
Book Choices for September, 2009 – April, 2010
- September- Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
- October- Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson (a library pack book)
- November- Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God by Noel Piper
- January- Shopping For Time: How to Do It All and NOT Be Overwhelmed by Carolyn Mahaney
- February- The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith (a library pack book)
- March- Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman by Anne Ortlund
- April- The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers (+ the movie)